Cyber safety is a team effort between students, their family and school. Parents in particular need to be on board.
Parent engagement and education can do wonders in helping your school drive smart, safe and responsible online behaviour.
To help get parents more involved in cyber safety, the Department of Education and Training, together with the Alannah & Madeline Foundation, is giving you the chance to win some great prizes!
eSmart Schools in Victoria - all you need to do is showcase how you are engaging and educating parents and carers about cyber safety to be in the running to win amazing prizes:
How to enter the competition?
• To organise an event with parents – example it could be a parent evening with a guest speaker promoting positive online behaviour, a student-led activity, parent newsletter articles or social media posts. If it is a social media post, use hashtag #CyberSafeFamiliesVIC.
• Capture these events with photo proof or proof of documents.
• Complete the sign up form below
• Upload proof gathered on the entry form upload attachment section.
• Click submit!
Prizes to be won:
• a free Connect Cyber Workshop for parents run by expert facilitators valued at $500
• 25 eSmart Digital Licences to give to the parents at the Connect session
• a book voucher for the school library valued at $500.
Conditions of entry:
1. There will be 2 prizes per term for this competition. There will be a total of 8 winners during the 2018 competition period.
2. You can enter more than once, but only once per term.
3. The start and end date of the competition sessions are:
• Term 1: 30th Jan – 29th Mar
• Term 2: 16th Apr – 29th Jun
• Term 3: 16th Jul – 21st Sep
• Term 4: 8th Oct – 21st Dec
(Total of eight winners during 2018).
The sky’s the limit – it could be (but not limited to) a parent evening with a guest speaker promoting positive online behaviour, a student-led activity, parent newsletter articles or social media posts – and don’t forget to include #CyberSafeFamiliesVIC.
The school with the most creative entry will win!
Subscribe to our newsletter below or visit our media centre for media information including media releases, spokespeople, publications and contacts.